Here are some interesting insights about the creative process, by PBS Digital Studios
Points I found interesting:
- Creativity, for the most part, is a very messy affair.
- The notion that it comes from nowhere, is false.
- One of the keys to creativity is the ability to stay in a place where you don’t exactly know what’s going to happen next.
- Chase down Ideas, but understand that not all of them will lead somewhere.
- The experience of pursuing an idea will influence the next idea.
- Creativity is a spiral of excitement and despair. Allow the despair as it leads to new things.
- A good healthy collaboration will always make a creative piece better.
- Your ideas are not you. Criticisms of your ideas are not you.
- You shouldn’t be married to your ideas and should be ready to let go.
- Nothing is original. You process influences. Let go of the notion of originality.
- You create things using a remix like process.
- If you keep pushing, you can get to some place beyond what you thought was possible.